CEETTAR and EFFAT initiatives in relation to occupational health & safety
During the year, CEETTAR, in cooperation with EFFAT, promoted actions in relation to health & safety at work, in partnership with EU-OSHA and with the support of the European Commission.
In the conclusions of its European study on the agricultural and rural contractor (ARC) sector published in 2012, The European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (Eurofound) emphasises one of the most important characteristics of the ARC sector, the presence “of specific requirements relating to health, safety, education and training of workers, because of a higher mechanisation level and the increased use of high-tech equipment…”
The awareness-raising of the sector’s stakeholders on the theme of health and safety at work has been one of the priority activities of CEETTAR since 2008, especially in the scope of the social dialogue with EFFAT. Therefore it is logic that the organisation asked and obtained the status of official partner of the 2012-2013 campaign “Working together for risk prevention” from the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work.
During this period, CEETTAR, in cooperation with EFFAT, made the promotion in partnership with EU-OSHA of messages in favour of health/safety at work through cooperation with social partners of the sector a priority. From an operational point of view, in the scope of the action supported by the European Union, the aim was to:
- Identify and promote existing measures and innovative practices aimed at risk prevention at work;
- Identify innovative and forward-looking initiatives, in the fields of training and GPEC, in order to develop good practices;
- Determine employment levels in the sector, particularly in countries where the sector is less identified;
- Address remaining and/or structural problems that hinder effective social dialogue.
You can find the results of the work, which ought to be further developed:
Expert Report “Reinforced social dialogue aimed at supporting professional training and risk prevention for rural contractors”
Brochure “Working together for risk prevention”
Joint declaration of the social partners for risk prevention
Work programme 2014-2016 for the European social dialogue in the agricultural and rural contractor sector
Examples of communication on health and safety at national level in our industry
- The Netherlands: Pas op, Trekker!
- France: Bonnes pratiques phytosanitaires
- United Kingdom: worksmart videos
Action realised with the support of the European Union.